Out of respect for triggers, I’ll put this under a Read More
If I was an author, I’d go into bookstores and find the shelf with my books, randomly sign one, and put it back on the shelf to be sold.
Not sure exactly what that means, but alright ^_^ I do like Anne Rice, at least. *laughs*
I actually did a few different characters for this:
- Peter - Anne Rice (The Vampire Chronicles)
- Naota - Arthur Clarke (2001: A Space Odyssey)
- Hiromi - Dan Brown (Angels & Demons)
- Cain - Gertrude Stein (Three Lives)
- Lila - Gertrude Stein (Three Lives)
- Hiro - Jonathan Swift (Gulliver’s Travels)
- Peter Pan (for my RPs) - Dan Brown (Angels & Demons)
- Shana - Cory Doctorow (Little Brother)
- Lee - Chuck Palahniuk (Fight Club)
- Gothic Bride Flash Fiction - Anne Rice (The Vampire Chronicles)
- World of Darkness Flash Fiction - Neil Gaiman (Stardust)
- Boy with his grandmother Flash Fiction - Arthur Clarke (2001: A Space Odyssey)
- Grand Duchess flash fiction - Anne Rice (The Vampire Chronicles)
- World Traveler Flash Fiction - Gertrude Stein (Three Lives)
- Alice in Wonderland inspired Flash Fiction - H.P. Lovecraft (The Call of Cthulhu)
- The Shaking Flash Fiction - Gertrude Stein (Three Lives)
- Deity Flash Fiction - Dan Brown (Angels & Demons)
- My Candy Love Fanfic - Gertrude Stein (Three Lives)
- Onceler Fanfic - Gertrude stein (Three Lives)
- Dark MLP Fanfic - Neil Gaiman (Stardust)
- Robin Hood (for my RPs) - Anne Rice (The Vampire Chronicles)
- Luke - Gertrude Stein (Three Lives)
- Jeremiah - Stephenie Meyer (actually laughs, as if this character could get any more girly lol) (The Host)
- Najma - Anne Rice (The Vampire Chronicles)
- Chayal (from Najma’s story) - Anne Rice (The Vampire Chronicles)
*whew* that’s a lot lol
THE ACCURACY OF THIS HURTS A LITTLE.
THE ACCURACY OF THIS HURTS A LOT.
do you ever just read something so ridiculous in a fic that you physically
restores my faith in humanity
NOW IF SOMEONE COULD DO THE SAME TO THE 50 SHADES OF CRAP THAT ARE SITTING IN OUR SHELVES
$50 gift cards for that.
500 POINTS TO GRYFFINDOR
I’ve lost faith in humanity actually. Yes, I enjoy the Twilight book series, but I also adore Harry Potter. Yeah yeah yeah we can all dislike whatever we want to dislike, but we can also all LIKE whatever we want to like. First off, I’m disappointed in the people that rooted this situation on. Are you insane? Ok, take aside the quality of either book series, take away which one you prefer to the other, let’s look at this from a business standpoint, what are we left with?
- People possibly damaging the stock in a store.
- People breaking into prohibited areas so that they can hide stock from a store.
- Bigotry in a BOOK STORE, the one place where there should always be equality. We fought against this when Hitler was burning books he didn’t like, so why are we applauding it now? Childish.
- Giving money away to people that did something illegal, thereby showing them that their bigotry will get them rewarded. That’s a great lesson, bravo.
- Hiding books that will make you a hell of a lot of money. Say what you want about Twilight, but it sells like crack. So now the manager has shown that they are incompetent as a store manager since they’d rather lose money so long as a book series they don’t like is continually hated.
If anything, I read this and think “wow…what a fucking idiot. They just rewarded people that did horrible things in their store and lost them a lot of money for that day. Idiot.”
So tell me tumblr users that applauded this: are you really that proud of yourselves? If so, it’s pathetic. What gives anyone the right to spread hate about something? Especially something as trivial as a book?
I see people preaching about gay rights, and “no h8”, and how bullying is horrible and sick, yet that’s exactly what you’re doing. You’re being hypocritical. And I’m not even going to begin summarizing Harry Potter or Twilight, because your opinion is your opinion, but you should feel ashamed of yourselves for this level of prejudice.
What makes you so different from the people that hate on gays? Or better than those that hate on nerds? Nothing. Yeah you’re not physically hurting anyone, but you’re still bullying.
Why is it so much easier for you to say: “who cares if a person is gay, it’s their business and not yours.” Yet when it comes to liking a BOOK SERIES, you thrust this bullshit on people? You’re hypocritical, and I’m ashamed.
Being a writer, I can’t imagine someone hating something I’ve created, for no good reason, and as if it’s a sport for fun. It’s no wonder she’s been bullied out of the writing community. Congratulations people, congratulations. Excuse her for writing something you didn’t like and then getting shit on for it for the rest of her writing career.
I’m not saying you have to like Twilight, hell no, I think everyone has a right to their own opinion, but you’re expressing hate, and that’s something I’ll never agree with. Especially when it’s not hurting anyone: it’s a damned book. Get over yourselves.
Still some of the best advice I’ve ever read.